Learning what goes into health, two-way communication can help family members understand and interact with one another more effectively. These tips may help.
- 1. Don't give advice unless it is asked for
- 2. Listen to what your elderly parent is saying
- 3. Accept differences of opinion
- 4. Speak distinctly
- 5. Don't be condescending
- 6. Choose the right environment for key discussions
- 7. Consider what it is like to be older
- 8. Pick your battles
- 9. Laugh when you can
Carolina SeniorCare offers participants engaging activities. Coffee and conversation daily provides an opportunity to engage, learn about each other, discuss current events and more.
Excerpts from article credited to agingcare.com